Aussie spinner Nathan Lyon has re-entered the record. He has surpassed the time-honored cricketers like Kapil Dev and Rangana Herath in the new record by showing magic in spin at the Galli Test against Sri Lanka.
Nathan Lyon is one of the best current spinners in Test cricket. This experienced spinner is regularly playing spin magic on behalf of the Aussie team. Which continued in the Galli Test against Sri Lanka.
Nathan Lyon has taken 9 wickets in two innings against Sri Lanka in the Galli Test. With these 9 wickets, Lyon has risen to number ten in the list of highest wicket takers in Test cricket. This spinner currently has 438 wickets. The Lions will have to take only 4 wickets to move up from tenth to ninth position. He will be able to rise to number nine, leaving behind Dale Steyn.
Former Sri Lankan spinner Muttiah Muralitharan tops the list of highest wicket takers in the Test format. The legendary spinner has taken 600 wickets in white in his career. The late Aussie Leggie Shane Warne is at number two on the list. He took 607 wickets in Test cricket. At number three on the list is English fast bowler James Anderson. At present, the pacer has 651 wickets. Former India captain Anil Kumble is the fourth highest wicket-taker. He has 619 wickets.
Let’s take a look at the list of top ten wicket takers in Test cricket.
1. Muttiah Muralitharan (Sri Lanka) – 600
2. Shane Warne (Australia) – 606
3. James Anderson (England) – 651
4. Anil Kumble (India) – 619
5. Glenn McGrath (Australia) – 563
6. Stuart Broad (England) – 549
7. Courtney Walsh (West Indies) – 519
8. Ravichandran Ashwin (India) – 442
9. Dale Steyn (South Africa) – 439
10. Nathan Lion (Australia) – 438.